Exit counseling provides comprehensive, essential information about loan repayment. 会议期间, 你将核实你的总负债, 根据你的情况决定最好的还款计划, 了解延期和宽容的选择, 并提供最新的联系方式. The Department of Education and the Juilliard School require exit counseling for all borrowers upon graduation, 或者改为非全职状态.
There are three different procedures that you may have to complete, 这取决于你借了多少钱. You should have received an email from the Office of 金融援助 stating which 出口咨询 session (or sessions) you must complete.
- Direct 贷款退出咨询 – This 30-minute online session must be completed by anyone who has borrowed a Federal Direct Stafford or Graduate + Loan while enrolled at Juilliard. 要完成直接贷款退出咨询，请访问 www.热门产品.政府, sign in with your federal student ID (FSA ID) and select "出口咨询."
- Perkins 贷款退出咨询 – Students who received a Perkins Loan from Juilliard must complete a Perkins 贷款退出咨询 on mycampusloan.com. 请创建一个帐户 www.mycampusloan.com 按照退出咨询的指示去做.
Please note that the Federal Perkins Loan program ended on September 30, 2017. Currently there is no legislation that enables borrowing through this program.
- 另类贷款退出咨询- 如果你从私人贷款人那里借钱, you are encouraged to contact the lender about your repayment options. 对于那些获得舍恩-勒内贷款的人, the Office of 学生账户 will be in contact with you. 你也可以随时联系他们 (电子邮件保护) 或212-799-5000转231.
Graduating students should complete exit counseling at least one week prior to 毕业典礼. Failure to complete the online session will result in a hold being placed on your account. 如果你的账户被搁置, you will be prevented from obtaining transcripts and receiving your diploma. You must complete exit counseling even if you will begin a new academic program in the fall.
- Thoroughly read the information provided and take notes on important points.
- Make sure to click through each session until you are at the end – you will see a confirmation 页面 when you are finished.
- 随时更新你的联系方式. Use an address at which you will be able to easily access your mail and email.
- 尽可能列出可靠的参考资料. These people are not responsible for your repayment and will only be contacted if your servicer cannot determine your whereabouts.
- 如果您忘记了您的FSA ID，请转到 fsaid.ed.政府，点击“编辑我的FSA ID”.” You will have to complete the required steps to successfully retrieve your ID.
- After you log in, check the list of schools and make sure that Juilliard is listed. Your session will have to be repeated if you do not list Juilliard as one of your schools, as this is how the Office of 金融援助 receives notification that the session was completed.
If you would like to schedule an appointment to discuss your loans, feel free to sign up for an appointment time at the front desk of the Office of 金融援助 (room 233) or email the office at (电子邮件保护) 有几个适合你的日期和时间. All Direct Loan and Perkins Loan borrowers must complete the online session(s) before the meeting.
Things to Do Immediately After Completing 出口咨询
- Log on to your servicer’s website(s) and access your account. 服务信息可以在 nslds.ed.政府 在 直接贷款服务商 页面.
- 如果你有其他学校的联邦珀金斯贷款, contact the lending school to obtain servicer information.
- If you have private loans, contact your lender to obtain repayment information.
- 每次搬家时，把你的地址换成美国.S. 邮政服务 www.美国邮政总局.com.
- Review your next payment date on each servicer’s website and schedule an automatic debit from your bank account. If you use an online calendar (like Google 日历 or iCal), 将你的第一次付款日期添加到其中作为提醒.
- 考虑定期付款来赚取0.25% interest rate discount and to ensure on-time payments.
- Consider completing the Financial Awareness session provided by www.热门产品.政府，帮助你规划未来的财务状况.
Public presentations are given every spring for the benefit of graduating students. These presentations provide students with answers to frequently asked questions and provide a roadmap to successful repayment.
Many students are unsure of what it means to consolidate their loans. Consolidation is only necessary if you currently make payments to more than one loan servicer. Borrowers should never consolidate private loans (from a bank or credit union) and federal loans (such as Stafford/+/Perkins). If you currently have federal loans that are repaid to different federal servicers, 你可以看看 联邦学生援助网站整合页面 看看合并是否适合你.
If it comes time to repay your loans and you can’t remember the information from your exit counseling session, 您可以重新登录到 www.热门产品.政府 然后再次完成疗程. 如果你有其他问题, your servicer is the best source of information regarding your specific situation.
这个网站包括你的联邦贷款的摘要, 利率, and is the best place to find out who is servicing your loans.
This site is a one stop source for all things related to federal loans (subsidized, 未受资助的, +, 合并). You can complete your required loan documents (Master Promissory Note and/or Entrance/出口咨询, 还款计划认证), apply for a Direct + loan or a Direct Consolidation loan and review completed loan applications and disclosures as well.
Here you can apply for a FSA ID or recover one that has already been established with your information.
This is a great source should you have questions about the different types of federal aid you were offered. 在这里，您可以查看您的贷款或赠款的说明, 查看不同付款计划的信息, and find out the current 利率 for federal loans this academic year.